The language of commerce is different to academia and day-to day English. Students aiming for a career within the global environment will benefit tremendously from this course. The course aims for students to acquire more strategic skills in English in business or professional work contexts and help them achieve their goals for career advancement by being globally more competitive in English
20 hours per week
Monday to Thursday (5 hours of study)
Monday to Friday (4 hours of study)
Length of course
WHY STUDY WORKPLACE ENGLISH?
- Working in small teams will develop students’ skills in cooperation and negotiation, essential for success in the working world
- Learners improve their spoken and written business communication in multicultural and cross-cultural work settings
- Develop professional business presentations
- Course often includes guest speakers sharing their own business experiences.
- Students can apply business-specific language to real-world business case studies.
Workplace English SAMPLE TIMETABLE
||Business Vocabulary Builder
New language related to the topic of the week
|Grammar for Business English
How to do a business presentation
Business people presentations
|Writing Case Study
||Reading and Business Vocabulary
Reading articles on business topics
|Reading and Business Vocabulary
We are a dynamic and engaged university dedicated to excellence in research and teaching.